COVID-19: Safety Measures & Online Events
During your visit to Paxton this summer you will find a number of new safety measures in place to protect you so that you can focus on enjoying the music. These measures have been developed in line with legislation and guidance from the UK and Scottish governments, and include:
- Reduced venue capacities to enable physical distancing at 1m (2m in Scotland until 19 July).
- Please only book tickets for your own household: tickets purchased together will be seated as a group.
- We are following Government guidance around physical distancing, and reserve the right to
alter our capacities and seating plans if necessary.
- Shorter performances with no intervals: venues will be cleaned in between events, and hand
sanitiser will be available at the box office and at all entrances/exits to the building.
- Please note that all tickets must be pre-booked – we will not be running an onsite box office this year.
- Audiences will be required to wear masks upon arrival at Paxton House and whilst inside
the building (medical exemptions apply).
- We will be operating staggered entry times. A time slot for your arrival will be sent to you 24 hours
in advance of your visit.
- Please report to the check-in desk when you arrive to have your temperature taken.
- Please note that audiences will be required to queue outside – we recommend that you bring a brolly!
We will continue to monitor the situation, review our systems and adapt measures where necessary.
You will find further information on our FAQs page.
We have also produced a detailed guidance document for visitors; this is available for download below, along with our risk assessment. Ticket holders will also be sent a copy of the guidance document in advance of their visit.
Please let us know if you would like to see a copy of our full reopening plan.
This year we delighted to introduce a number of online events to the programme: Artistic Director Angus Smith presents two short pre-festival talks, FREE to view online: please see the 2021 programme page for event details. We will be discreetly filming four Festival concerts to allow audience members who are unable to travel to Paxton House an opportunity to view these performances from their homes. Please look out for this symbol 🎥 on the 2021 programme page. Online passes to view performances with this symbol 🎥 can be purchased from the Box Office in the usual way at a cost of £12 (Under 35s £7). The concerts will be broadcast ‘as live’ at 8pm on the day after the event at Paxton House and the films will be available for viewing at any time up to Sunday 15 August.A step-by-step guide on how to access the events will be emailed to ticket holders in advance of the broadcasts.